Advanced Leather Bags Fabrication Workshop
Monday, October 21, 2019 - 17:30 to 19:30
Eastlanders Manufacturing Barbados Ltd., Wildey, St. Michael
The Barbados Investment and Development Corporation (BIDC) will be hosting a ten (10) week Training Workshop entitled ‘Advanced Leather Bags Fabrication’. This workshop is specifically targeting manufacturers of bags and leather craft artisans who are competent in the proficient operation of an industrial sewing machine .
The topics will include:
- Pattern making
- Understanding the various types of leather
- Selecting the most appropriate leather for the specific designs
- Operation of the industral sewing machine
- Cutting and construction of bags
- Finishes, pricing and product costs
At the end of this workshop participants should able to:
- Develop aesthetically pleasing and functional leather bags,
- Produce a more professionally finished product, and
- Be competent in the making of patterns allowing for the manufacturing of a consistent product
Workshop presenter is Marva Maynard, internationally trained local artisan and leather craft instructor.
The workshop will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The first workshop will take place on Wednesday, October 02, 2019.
To register, please contact Ms. Sheena Thorne, Business Development Officer, at telephone no. 427-5350, Ext. 8537 or email email@example.com.
Please note that applicants will be interviewed for this training opportunity.
The cost of the Workshop is Bds $200.00.