THE EXPORT READINESS PROGRAMME
We aim to grow exports by increasing the number of companies which are actually exporting. Our Export Readiness Programme was launched in 2011 and is geared towards empowering and equipping new and potential exporters with the knowledge, tools and strategies to successfully expand their businesses into new markets and territories
This foundational and practical training course includes the following components:
- DISC Profile - A DISC behavioral assessment will be conducted for each participant so they understand their own behaviors and natural tendencies as it relates to running a business. The DISC behavioral profile will provide each participant with an understanding of their natural way of thinking and its impact on their decision-making process.
- Leadership – the five practices of sound leadership.
- CARICOM Trade Agreements – understanding the trading environment and inherent business opportunities.
- Foundations for Export Readiness – building exports into the DNA of a business.
- Market-driven products and services – understanding how to create a unique value proposition that fulfills or creates a market need.
- International Trade Research – how to gather and utilize market intelligence to inform strategic market-entry.
- Lead Generation and Marketing – moving beyond advertising to marketing for results
- Design and Packaging for Export – designing, packaging and presenting your product or service to its best advantage.
- Conversion and Sales – Translating an understanding of the psychology of sales and the buyer’s journey, into a sales kit for your business.
- Client Fulfillment – Systematizing customer satisfaction into your business.
- Tracking and Reporting – understanding and leveraging your key financial statements.
- Strategic Export Pricing – moving beyond the cost-plus approach to strategic pricing that is informed by both the target market and production processes.
- Systems and Processes – Learning how to work on your business rather than in it.
- Building a winning team – principles of building the type of team that will share and support the company vision.
- Export Documentation – Necessary paper work for the exporting process; understanding the rules of engagement.
- Market readiness – what to expect on the ground in the target market; bringing it all together.
- Pitching to win – Presenting your product or service to your target audience whether agent, distributor or partner.
- To gain an appreciation of the regional and international trading environment in which you will be operating;
- To save your young business from unnecessary and costly errors in the journey of crossing borders into new markets;
- To receive practical, hands-on coaching on not just the ‘what to’ but the ‘how to’, in gearing up for new territories;
- To learn from exporting peers who can impart sound wisdom in the journey of exporting from their own knowledge and experience;
- To put into practice the taught principles of the programme by participating in a Trade Mission at the end of the programme to an identified target market suitable to your product or service.