- This Web Site is maintained by the Barbados Investment & Development Corporation.
- The materials located on this Web Site including the information and software programs (the Contents), are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights. All rights, title and interest in the Contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by the Barbados Investment & Development Corporation.
Intellectual Property Policy
It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that breach the Freedom of Information Act, the Data Protection Act and Electronic Transaction Act. For directions and more information, please click on the following links.
Restrictions on Use of Materials
Except as expressly prohibited on this website, you are permitted to view, copy, print and distribute publications and documents within this website (such as datasheets, press releases and so on), subject to your agreement that: a) you will not modify the documents, publications or graphics, b) you will not copy or distribute graphics separately from their accompanying text and you will not quote materials out of their context, c) you will display the below copyright notice and other proprietary notices on every copy you make, and d) you agree that BIDC may revoke this permission at any time and you shall immediately stop your activities related to this permission upon notice from BIDC. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
The permission above to use documents and publications does not include permission to copy the design elements, look and feel, or layout of this website. Those elements of the website are protected by law, such as trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from the website may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by BIDC.
Except as otherwise provided, the Contents of this Web Site shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of the BIDC.
Modification of any of the Contents or use of the Contents for any other purpose will be a violation of BIDC’s copyright and other intellectual property rights. Graphics and images on this Web Site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of the BIDC.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
- The Contents of this Web Site are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by law, BIDC does not warrant and hereby disclaims any warranty:
- As to the accuracy, correctness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of the Contents of this Web Site;
- that the Contents available through this Web Site or any functions associated therewith will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this Web Site and the server is and will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements.
- BIDC shall also not be liable for any damage or loss of any kind caused as a result of direct or indirect use of the web site, including but not limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the contents contained in or available from the Web Site.
Right of Access
BIDC reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Web Site to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Web Site, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
Links from This Web Site to Other Web Sites
- This Web Site contains hyperlinks to web sites which are not maintained by BIDC. BIDC is not responsible for the contents of those web sites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those web sites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such web sites are entirely at your own risk. The search results that appear from portal’s indices are indexed by portal’s automated machinery and computers, and portal cannot and does not screen the sites before including them in the indices from which such automated search results are gathered. A search using Barbados Investment & Development Corporation may produce search results and links to sites that some people find objectionable, inappropriate, or offensive. We cannot guarantee that a portal search will not locate unintended or objectionable content and assume no responsibility for the content of any site included in any search results or otherwise linked to by Barbados Investment & Development Corporation.
- Hyperlinks to other web sites are provided as a convenience. In no circumstances shall BIDC be considered to be associated or affiliated with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites to which this Web Site is linked.
- Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of this Web Site or any of the Contents are prohibited.
- You must secure permission from BIDC prior to hyper linking to, or framing, this Web Site or any of the Contents, or engaging in similar activities. BIDC reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyper linking to, or framing of this Web Site or any of the Contents.
- In no circumstances shall BIDC be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites that link to this Web Site or any of the Contents.
- BIDC reserves all rights to disable any links to, or frames of any site containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
- BIDC reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other site reached by links to or from this Web Site or any of the Contents.
Restrictions on Commercial Use
You may not take the results from a portal search and reformat and display them, or mirror the portal home page or results pages on your Web site.
No Automated Querying
- You may not send automated queries of any sort to the portal’s system without express permission in advance from the Barbados Investment and Development Corporation.
- Please do not write to Barbados Investment & Development Corporation to request permission to "meta-search” portal for a research project, as such requests will not be granted.
- If you are interested in adding a portal search box to your web site or your company's web site, we encourage you to do so.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of BIDC or its content suppliers and protected by copyright laws of Barbados. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of BIDC and protected by the copyright laws of Barbados as is stated in the Copyright Act, 1998-4. All software used on this site is the property of BIDC or its software suppliers and protected by the copyright laws of Barbados. You may click here to view the legislation governing copyright http://www.caipo.gov.bb/leg/leg.html. You may not use the Barbaos Investment & Development Corporation's trademarks, logos, service marks, slogans, screen shots, copyrighted designs, or any other brand features without seeking the permission of the Barbados Investment and Development Corporation.